Friday, July 9, 2010

Playdate 3 yrs in the making...

I have a few friends I have made over the years that I have never ever met face to face. I have met them on message boards of one kind or another. One message board is Sheknows. There are boards for parents that have kids born in the same year. This one board I have been on since I was pregnant with the girls. So, some of these women I have known for about three yrs now.

One of the moms just moved a little over an hour away so we wanted to get the kids together for a play date.

This morning I was telling them what we were going to do for the day. I said we were going to meet new friends, Elise, her mommy Amy and Elise's brother Brody. Avery repeated every name back to me and when I got to Brody she said, "And Plex?" Plex is a character on Yo Gabba Gabba. Brody sounds a lot like Brobee, the little green one. No Avery we are not going to Yo Gabba Gabba land.

Turns out I had Elise's little brother's name mixed up with another little brother on this board... oh well, I'm chalking it up to twin mommy brain! For the record his name is Beckett... and he is a cutie!

The girls and I had a great time playing at their house. The swam, ate sandwiches and watermelon, spilt apple juice, had accidents, and wrestled over a doll. A great time was had by all...

No comments:

Post a Comment