Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lost And Found

Met some friends yesterday morning at the Aquarium. Katy with Graham and Meagan with Anna and her new little sister Charlotte. We had a great time looking at the fish, turtles, alligators and otters. I actually felt that this was the first time the LGs actually engaged in the observation of the sea life at the Aquarium. Us usually they look, but aren't that IN TO them.

After making our way through the inside of the aquarium we decided to let the kids play in the water outside. When we went to the area we were going to sit while the kids played Katy stood in a line of ants and was getting stung. She and I worked on getting her ant free. Once she was no longer being bitten by them she looks up and say, "ok, now I'm off to find my son." The rest of the kids are hanging around us or in the sandbox in front of us. She and I head out in search of Graham. What seemed like forever passes and no Graham. There are not that many people there so it shouldn't have been hard to find him. It was really scary. We actually had to get the staff to help and Katy finally went up these two flights of stairs to get an over head view of the play area...and that's where she found him. THANK GOD!!!

It was close to lunch time. The rest of our friends had left. The LGs and I decided to eat lunch there outside. When the girls finished eating they headed out to play some more. I saw that they went around this corner and I knew they were going to play on the stage back there. I knew where they were so I figured I would finish my lunch pay the bill then go get them and we would go home. As I was finishing up Avery wondered up without Emerson. I asked her where her sister was and she didn't say anything. I walked around the corner and Emerson was not on the stage.

With Avery hot on my heals I started searching for Emerson. Couldn't finder wasted no time asking for help. As an employee and I rounded a corner we see her walking and two other employees walking beside her trying to talk to her. She was eyeing them suspiciously. She ran and jumped into my arms. The employees said they could tell she was lost, but she wouldn't talk to them. So I told her that if she is ever lost again she should look for someone with a badge and tell them she is lost. As I was telling her this I am heading back to the table to pay the check. I turn around and Avery is no longer behind me. I look around and she is MISSING! You have to be SH!TTING ME!!! As I start my search for her (with Emerson IN MY ARMS!) A strange man walks up to be and asks if I am looking for the other little girl that looks like "this one" as he points to Emerson. He tells me she is in the gym slide area by the door...OY!

No comments:

Post a Comment